October Satsang Gems (from our weekly Sunday online meetings)
- We are reflections in a mirror questioning the existence of the mirror.
- There is no location for No Thing. You are without location, but your sense of location is here, meaning I am This arising. There is nothing to localize: you are oneness and there is nothing outside of oneness. Whatever you are is prior to language. So location is about language. Relativity hinges upon the concept of contrast, relationship.
- Freedom comes from the abandonment of the attempt to understand it.
- The desire to regain an awakening experience is the ego’s desire to relive an experience which arose in its absence. We keep expecting conscious Awakeness to show up to the character, but conscious Awakeness only shows up in the absence of the character.
- One of the biggest post-awakening shifts I had occurred one evening when I was having a love affair – a deep sense of oneness – with a TV cabinet. When I became sleepy I felt remorseful, knowing that when I awoke the next morning, this state would be gone. A voice popped up that said, “Don’t worry, it will be back.” This taught me not to worry, not to cling – the experience will return.
- The second big shift occurred the day I ceased really caring about my state of clarity. That was the conscious recognition that I am Awakeness whether I am conscious of that or not. Days of feeling “cloudy” do not touch the sun. You are Awakeness whether you are clear or not, and that brings a natural relaxation. Attempts to grasp clarity just push it away. Relax and be what you always are: Awakeness.
- Dealing with fear: One of the foundations of fear is the belief that you know what is good for that unit. In 1989, I was doing well financially; I owned one business and part of another. I started making decisions that I thought were great, but soon enough I wound up homeless. Allow whatever is happening to happen. We don’t necessarily know whether or not things are going our way.
- We are not going to graduate from this identification and concern with the body-mind. But we can remain aware that everything comes and goes except you. You are oneness: that which cannot be threatened, harmed or die. When identification with the body-mind becomes too painful, you will be forced to identify with your true nature.
- The only thing that is true is You. All that happens is just a flicker of light over the stillness of the lake.
- Gratitude is the hearthstone of awakening. When you were waking up, there was no grumbling. The gratitude is not so much for this or that, but just gratitude. It occurs when you realize that you are noneness. You need No Thing more. It occurs when you realize that you are oneness. Everything is perfect as it is. This is never going to to be the unit’s gratitude. But it is always Yours.
- Miracles abound. But the miracle is only a miracle if you notice it as such. The perfect mate is only perfect if recognized as such. That’s what we awaken to. The miracle of the ordinary. It’s you appreciating the miracle of yourself as form. The miracle of internet meetings, of a rose, a walnut.
All quotes from Fred Davis.
Thanks to Gordon for collecting,
Kathleen for editing.
Come join us for satsang. All are welcome!